- The Peabody Relay for Life kicks off its 20th year on Thursday at City Hall. This year's theme is "Finish the Fight." The celebration starts at 6:30 p.m. There will be informational tables to learn more about the American Cancer Society's signature fundraising event and how you can participate, register your team, meet Tom and Sharon Gould who are this year's honorary co-chairpersons and enjoy an ice cream sundae from Treadwell's. If you'd like to share pictures from the past 20 years you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The School Committee meets Tuesday night over at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School instead of its regular spot at the Kiley School gymnasium in order to admire the new cafeteria furniture at PVMHS. It was just installed over the winter break. The meeting also starts off at 7 p.m. with a report from the Student Council at PVMHS.
- Who wants to Zendoodle at the library? Peabody Recreation will be putting on a creative workshop for students ages 10-14 on Wednesday at the South Branch Library (3:30-5 p.m.) that will use two-point perspectives to draw their names and then decorate using a Zendoodle technique. The cost to register is $15.
- On Friday, the National Honor Society at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School will be hosting a special contest for a cappella groups. Simply put, each group will be competing for its favorite charity and proceeds from the event will benefit selected charities of the winners. Tickets are $10.
- Are you up for the challenge, specifically a miniature quilt challenge? The Peabody Historical Society has launched its first ever contest of this kind and quilters of all levels are invited to participate. Participants will choose one quilt from a selection of three antique quilts in the society's collection and create a miniature quilt inspired by the design, technique, fabric, or color scheme of the original. There is no entry fee. Submission forms are due March 3. You can find more details here.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.