- Peabody is recognizing local veterans this year for Veterans Day in a few different ways. First. there is a Veterans Day Mass scheduled at St. Vasilios Greek Orthodox Church Sunday at 9 a.m., followed by a ceremony at 10 a.m. and then a birthday party for the Marine Corps up at the VFW Post at noon. A special patriotic concert is Sunday evening (6 p.m.) at City Hall and then on Monday itself the city will hold its annual Veterans Day parade and ceremonies. The march to City Hall from the VFW will begin at approximately 10:30 a.m. followed by ceremonies scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday's concert, “United We Stand” is performed by We Are America and starts at 6 p.m. in Wiggin Auditorium. Admission is free.
- The city will also be offering a free shuttle ride to and from City Hall for seniors Sunday evening so they can attend the concert. Concert goers can pick up the shuttle at the Torigian Community Life Center at 79 Central St., beginning at 4:45 p.m. The shuttle will also pickup riders at Brooksby Village’s McIntosh Clubhouse, Kingsbury Clubhouse and Towne Center beginning at 4:15 pm. Call the Peabody Council on Aging at 978-531-2254 to arrange for pickup at home.
- The Peabody High volleyball team lost, 3-0, to Haverhill in the semi-finals on Wednesday and were knocked from the playoffs. The Bishop Fenwick Crusaders, however, are still in it after defeating Weston, 3-0, on Tuesday. Fenwick now hosts Arlington Catholic Thursday (7 p.m.) in the semi-finals.
- Zinga! Frozen Yogurt over at Newhall Crossing is supporting the Peabody High varsity cheerleaders in a fundraising effort for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- The Peabody High Class of 1983 is holding its 30th class reunion Saturday at the Holiday Inn.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.