- Tuesday is an early release day for Peabody students and the Recreation Department and the Torigian Family YMCA is inviting them and their parents to stop down for some play time at the new Raddin Road playground from 1-4 p.m. There will be games, face-painting, a live DJ and refreshments. High school gets out at 12:09 p.m., middle school at 12:45 p.m. and the elementary schools at 1:15 p.m. Teachers use the rest of the day for professional development.
- There's a bone marrow drive on Wednesday over at Sports Medicine North in Peabody in support of Mandy Manocchio-Putney, a Massachusetts resident and mother of two. You don't have to register ahead of time.
- St. Adelaide's CYO Basketball is holding registrations for the upcoming season on Wednesday at the parish center.
- The annual college fair hosted by the Guidance Department at PVMHS is coming up Oct. 10 and will include 140 representatives from universities, colleges, technical and vocational schools, the Armed Forces and others. Students and parents will have an opportunity to speak with the various representatives and get information on the college application process, admissions testing requirements and financial aid. Students and parents from surrounding communities are welcome to attend.
- The Peabody Cultural Council is accepting applications until Oct. 15 for a round of funding for selected art projects in the community. More details here.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.