- Paving starts Wednesday on Sylvan Street. Peabody police say motorists should seek alternate routes around the area. Work is scheduled from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. No on-street parking is allowed in the construction area and any violators may be towed at the owner's expense. Public Services Director Bob Langley says paving will be done on both the Peabody and Danvers sections of the street.
- Tryouts for fall sports at Peabody High continue this week with soccer, volleyball, cross country and field hockey on Thursday. Golf isn't until next Monday. You can find the schedule here.
- The Danielle Holmes Yagjian Foundation is holding a charity bike run Saturday in memory of Yagjian, who died of cancer two years ago, and to raise funds to support other cancer victims. The ride starts and ends at the Italian-American Citizens Club on Blaney Avenue. There will be food, music and raffles following the ride at 1:30 p.m.
- Stop by the Buzz Sunday for a back to school haircut and contribute some supplies for Peabody teachers. The citywide PTO, Peabody PTC, is partnering with the Buzz Barber Shop to collect donations of classroom supplies on Aug. 25 and proceeds from haircuts between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. that day day will also help purchase additional supplies needed.
- Need your car washed? The Peabody boys' soccer program and boosters will be holding a car wash Sunday morning at the RNA Gas Station on Lake Street.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.