- Parishioners at St. Adelaide's and neighbors will meet with city officials Wednesday night to discuss any changes to the crosswalk in front of the Lowell Street church. The meeting is 6:30 p.m. in the parish hall. Mayor Ted Bettencourt and Ward 6 Councilor Barry Sinewitz are expected to attend. The safety concerns stem from a fatal hit-and-run accident in January when an 88-year-old man was struck in the crosswalk by another elderly driver.
- The Fun Factory returns to the Northshore Mall on Wednesday from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. with fun activities for kids and the entire family. The event is sponsored by Simon Property Group, Lalaloopsy, Mooshka, Mega Bloks, Bandai and Gogos. Each sponsor will have a "destination station" with activities.
- Soprano Rebecca Hains and pianist Thomas Dawkins are performing at Wiggin Auditorium at City Hall Wednesday evening as part of the annual fall concert series with the Peabody Institute Library. Hains and Dawkins will take their audience down the street of New York's "Tin Pan Alley" with sets of Americana, vaudeville, Broadway and novelty songs, featuring the music of George Gerswhin, Cole Porter, Scott Joplin, Irving Berlin, Rodgers & Hart and others. The Sept. 11 show is 7 p.m. Call 978-531-0100 ext. 10 for more information and you can register online.
- Girls Night Out at the Northshore Mall is this Thursday from 5-8 p.m. The event is free and open to all. More details here.
- The Peabody Garden Club is gearing up for the year and meets this Thursday at Aviv Living off Lynnfield Street for a potluck supper and auction.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.