- La Cage aux Folles is playing at the North Shore Music Theatre Friday to benefit homelessness prevention services run by North Shore Community Action Programs in Peabody. A pre-show reception with a light dinner begins at 6 p.m. and curtain time for the musical is 8 p.m. Tickets are $65 each and available at www.nscap.org.
- The Congregation Sons of Israel celebrate their 60th anniversary Saturday (since 1953). Services start at 9 a.m.
- Flood Insurance: The Federal Emergency Management Administration and Congressman John Tierney will be over in Lynn Monday to allow area residents to voice any concerns they have at the higher flood insurance rates they're likely seeing with the introduction of new flood maps from FEMA.
- There were a lot of winners at the International Festival Art Galleria's art competition earlier this month. Winning the "Most Popular Vote" was "Me, Myself & I" by Leo Vincent while "Judith" by Britt Daw won "Best in Show." You can find all the winners here.
- Open houses: St. John's Prep in Danvers is hosting an open house Sunday for prospective students while over in Wakefield, Nazareth Academy is also hosting an open house for new pupils.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.