- Parents Night Out is this Friday at the Torigian Family YMCA, starting at 6:30 p.m. There is rock climbing, swimming and games for kids ages six and up, along with dinner, while parents can take the night off (for a couple hours anyway). Registration is required prior to the event at the front desk. The cost is $15 per child for members and $20 for non-members.
- Citizens for Adequate Housing is holding a picnic in the park Saturday with live music by Gracie Curran and the High Falutin' Band. The picnic is 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at James Street Park, 1 James St. in Peabody. For more details and registration info, visit www.cahns.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lee Hawkins Band closes out the city's summer concert series this Sunday (6 p.m.) at the Leather City Common. The venue will be moved to City Hall in case of inclement weather. Admission is free.
- Our Lady of Fatima Church is holding a giant indoor yard sale on Saturday, starting at 9 a.m.
- The annual Polish Picnic is this Sunday at the St. Michael's Society Hall at 15 Endicott St. There will be a Polka Mass with music, lots of traditional Polish food, dancing and activities for kids. The picnic starts at noon. A raffle drawing is scheduled for 5 p.m. All are welcome. You can park at St. Joseph's Church, Farnham Park or at the Citgo gas station on the corner of Endicott Street. All activities are rain or shine.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.