- The School Committee meets for its regular session Tuesday (7:30 p.m.) at the Kiley School.
- John Delorey of College Planning Services presents the free workshop, How to Send Your Child to College Without Going Broke, Wednesday at Peabody High. Registration begins at 6:45 p.m. and the program starts at 7 p.m. in the school library. The presentation is part of The Parent Academy series and covers how to decrease your out-of-pocket costs per year, avoid five costly mistakes parents typically make when filling out complicated aid forms, how to best legally position your cash assets on aid forms and strategically report your real estate assets including blind trusts.
- Cable hearings: The mayor's office says that due to scheduling and preparation concerns, the Peabody Cable Television Public Ascertainment Hearings scheduled for Nov. 13 and 20 are being postponed until a later date. New dates will be advertised as soon as they are available. For more information on the public hearings, call the Mayor’s Office at 978-538-5704.
- The Peabody High drama club Stage One presents "Our Town," starting Thursday. Shows run through Friday and Saturday.
- Citizens for Adequate Housing is Raising the Roof Friday at the Danversport Yacht Club with its annual fundraising night. There will be silent and live auctions, entertainment and more. Tickets are $100 per person.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.