- 'Zat you, Santa Claus? The Peabody Recreation Department is helping Santa out by connecting him with kids next week. Calls From Santa Claus is free to participate in, but advanced registration is required and you have to sign up by this Friday. Santa will then be calling children on Dec. 19 from 6-8 p.m. Register online.
- Tree of Warmth: The Recreation Center in Peabody is accepting donations of warm winter clothes -- coats, hats, mittens and scarves -- on behalf of Citizens for Adequate Housing. The donations will then be distributed next week to clients in need of winter gear.
- Don't forget Wednesday is an early release day for the Peabody Public Schools. Students will be dismissed at 12:09 p.m. at the high school, 12:45 p.m. at the middle school and 1:25 p.m. for all elementary schools while teachers spend the rest of the day on professional development.
- Peabody's World War II veterans are invited to breakfast with Peabody Veterans Memorial High School students on Friday. The Interact Club (or Junior Rotary) will host a pancake breakfast for the veterans in the high school cafeteria at 8 a.m. Students will serve breakfast as well as interview veterans about their experiences during World War II.
- Buddha's Tavern over at 144 Washington St. is holding a holiday craft fair on Saturday from noon - 4 p.m. The event is in the function room.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.