- On Friday, the National Honor Society at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School will be hosting a special contest for a cappella groups. Simply put, each group will be competing for its favorite charity and proceeds from the event will benefit selected charities of the winners. Tickets are $10.
- The Rotary's 4th Annual Polar Plunge is once again at Long Beach in Gloucester this Saturday and there are some members of the Rotary Club of Peabody who are taking the dip into the frigid Atlantic waters. They are still looking to meet their fundraising goal as well. The event is to raise money to help end polio.
- Who wants to Zendoodle at the library? Peabody Recreation will be putting on a creative workshop for students ages 10-14 on Wednesday at the South Branch Library (3:30-5 p.m.) that will use two-point perspectives to draw their names and then decorate using a Zendoodle technique. The cost to register is $15.
- State Sen. Joan Lovely will be the guest speaker at the North Shore Business Forum Friday morning at the Danversport Yacht Club.
- Saturday is National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day and you can celebrate it over at Cherry Farm Creamery in Danvers.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.