- Football: The Peabody Tanners football squad is looking for a third win Friday night in Revere against the Patriots (7 p.m.). The Tanners are now 2-3 with two regular season games left.
- The free model ship show returns to the Torigian Center on Saturday. Doors open at 9 a.m.
- Temple Beth Shalom is holding a comedy night Saturday with Sarah Blodgett, Rich Gustus and Chrissy Judge Kelleher.
- The Friends of the Peabody Independence Greenway are inviting residents to come out and ride Saturday on the city's bike trail for a geocaching event. A group will be meeting at the Russell Street trailhead at 9 a.m. There will be coffee, you can bring food to share and there will be games and prizes. "Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location," according to geocaching.com.
- This year's Higgins PTO Craft Fair is happening Saturday at the middle school from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. More details here.
- The third annual Night at the Races is also Saturday at St. John the Baptist School. Doors open at the gym at 6:15 p.m.
- Temple Ner Tamid and the Lappin Foundation are putting on a workshop Sunday morning on writing about evocative objects. You can find out more on what that is here.
- Bishop Fenwick High School is holding its open house on Sunday afternoon (1 p.m.).
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.