- Jim Rogato and Betty (Ciolek) Chambers recently performed together in The Community Players of Concord, N.H.’s production of "Spamalot." What they also have in common is that they both graduated from Peabody High in the 1970s and grew up in the Tanner City. Rogato played Sir Bedevere, while Chambers was a Laker Girl and part of the female dancing ensemble in the recent production. The two Peabodyites had met previously during the Player’s production of "Drowsy Chaperone" and discovered their common roots.
- There's a bullying awareness workshop for parents scheduled Wednesday (6-7:30 p.m.) in the Carroll School library. Light Refreshments will be served. Anyone planning to attend is asked to RSVP.
- Financial Aid Night: A representative from the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA), will giving a free presentation again Wednesday (6:30 p.m.) at Peabody High on college financing offered through MEFA. There will be an overview of the financial aid process, including types of financial aid, how to apply and determining the financial options for your family. You can download a copy of the e-book here.
- Among the holiday festivities this weekend is a special story time with Santa Claus at the Northshore Mall on Saturday morning. The event is sponsored by Yogibo.
- It's time for the Jolly Jaunt again on Sunday. The 5K race starts at the Lahey Outpatient Center, Danvers and supports Special Olympics Massachusetts. You can run or walk the 3.1 miles and there will also be a 1K kids fun run. After the race there will be awards, raffles, prizes, entertainment, and lots of food There will also be a prize for the best dressed, so get festive. Registration the day of starts at 11 a.m., the fun run begins at noon and the 5K at 12:30 p.m. You can register online at www.jollyjaunt.org.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.