- Music at Eden’s Edge presents “Close Encounters with Music: Masterworks for Harp” at the Main Branch Library on Monday (7 p.m.). It's the second installment in the four-part lecture and performances series. Harpist Barbara Poeschl-Edrich returns to offer a collection of solo harp music for the grand concert harp, including works of Spohr, Fauré, CPE Bach and Deborah Hansen-Conant. Poeschl-Edrich will play her favorite recital pieces and share her insights into a unique repertoire spanning three centuries. For more information and to reserve your seat, call 978-531-0100 ext. 10 or register online. The program is sponsored by the Peabody Institute Library Foundation.
- Sign-ups for Peabody Babe Ruth baseball are this Saturday at the Higgins Middle School. The league is for ages 13-15. Birth certificates are needed to register for any new players to the league. You can also register by mail or online.See here for more details.
- The city's Health Department says it has a limited amount of shingles vaccine for Peabody residents who are uninsured or underinsured. If you're 65 or older and interested in getting a shot, call the office at 978-538-5931 to be screened for eligibility.
- State Sen. Joan Lovely will be holding office hours for constituents Friday at City Hall (9 a.m.).
- And don't forget the Scrapbooking Lab is on Saturday at the Main Branch Library from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. You're welcome to work on your own independent projects or check out what other scrapbookers are doing. Drop-in and bring scrapbook supplies with you. Space is limited though, so reserve a seat at 978-531-0100 ext. 10 or online.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.