- The date of the City Council's annual tax classification hearing was postponed to Thursday of this week. The hearing will be at 6 p.m. in Wiggin Auditorium. You can find more information here on what to expect. The council will then convene in executive session at 7 p.m. in the mayor's office prior to the regular meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
- Tree of Warmth: The Recreation Center in Peabody is accepting donations of warm winter clothes -- coats, hats, mittens and scarves -- on behalf of Citizens for Adequate Housing. The donations will then be distributed next week to clients in need of winter gear.
- Want to learn more about state law and basic rights for students and parents surrounding special education in Massachusetts? There's a workshop Thursday (7 p.m.) at Higgins Middle School.
- Take note: the Main Branch Library will be open this Sunday from 1-4 p.m. instead of its usual hours.
- There's a presentation for parents scheduled Dec. 19 on "Understanding the Common Core." The program will be held at the West School at 6 p.m. in the school conference room.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.