- You can party in Peabody until 2 a.m. Tuesday night as you ring in the new year...at any establishments taking advantage of the extended hours, that is. The Licensing Board again voted last week to extend the closing time from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. for bars, restaurants and other licensed establishments serving alcohol. The extra hour is for New Year's Eve only and not all places may take advantage of the opportunity.
- Scosso Ristorante & Martini Bar at the Northshore Mall is one place that says it will be open until 2 a.m. on New Year's Eve.
- City Hall closes early at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday and will be closed on Wednesday for New Year's Day. Over at the Peabody Institute Library, all three branches will only be open 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday and closed on Wednesday.
- Trash and recycling pickup will also be delayed one day due to the holiday, and resume on Thursday.
- The Peabody Tanners' wrestling team (1-2) heads to Triton Regional High School Tuesday (10:30 a.m.) while boys' ice hockey (currently 2-3) visits Methuen High (noon).
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.