- The candidates: The nine candidates for five at-large seats on the City Council were invited up to Brooksby Village Tuesday morning for a forum to introduce themselves to residents and speak briefly on their respective campaigns. Do you know who all the candidates are? Incumbents are Mike Garabedian, Dave Gravel, Anne Manning-Martin and Tom Gould, while Scott Frasca, Tom Walsh, Margaret Tierney, Russ Donovan and Peter Bakula are all vying for a seat as well.
- Friday is time for another Oktoberfest beer tasting at Karl's Sausage Kitchen. Hornst Dornbusch will also be back as well.
- This week's segment of the America's Music program at the Peabody Institute Library looks at Latin rhythm from the mambo to hip hop. The six-week program series features documentary film screenings and scholar-led discussions of 20th century American popular music. The program meets Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Sutton Room.
- Make sure to stop by Brooksby Farm Saturday between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. for the 2nd Annual Drawn to Brooksby Harvest Art Festival. There will be all different types of artwork on display by Peabody Public Schools students, live entertainment and Halloween costumes are encouraged. The event is sponsored by GreenPeabody.
- The first annual PVMHS boys' soccer alumni game is being held this Saturday at the high school. Register to play by Wednesday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.