- Brooksby Farm hosts its annual holiday open house this weekend. Stop in Saturday or Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. There will be wagon rides over the hills and through the woods, a bonfire to warm your toes, pre-cut Christmas trees for sale along with wreaths, roping and swags, complimentary hot mulled cider, tastings of jellies, marmalades and relishes, and some apple and pumpkin pie sampling.
- Santa and Mrs Claus arrive on Main Street at the library on Saturday for the annual holiday festival. The jolly old couple arrive by fire truck at 11 a.m. and will then walk up to the Knights of Columbus Hall for photos and to meet with boys and girls. This year's celebration is also sponsored by the Peabody Downtown Association.
- Did you get your ticket yet for the city's annual holiday concerts this weekend at City Hall? Performances are Saturday and Sunday and dinner will be served beforehand. Tickets are only available from the mayor's office and won't be for sale the night of the concerts.
- Among the holiday festivities this weekend is a special story time with Santa Claus at the Northshore Mall on Saturday morning. The event is sponsored by Yogibo.
- There's also a holiday shopping craft fair Saturday at the Chiampa Dance Studio over in Post Office Square in Lynnfield. The fair is from 2-6 p.m. and there will be vendors and various raffles.
- The Peabody Historical Society holds its annual holiday open house Sunday from 1-4 p.m. at the Nathaniel Felton Jr., House, which is located at 43 Felton St. The historic home will be decorated for the holidays by the Peabody Garden Club. Activities include spinning wheel demonstrations, house tours, caroling and face-painting. Complimentary refreshments will also be provided. It's all free.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.