- City and school officials will host a brief ceremony at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School Wednesday morning (11 a.m.) to mark the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. This year, the ceremony will be held right in the courtyard at PVMHS that was dedicated last year to 9/11 victim and PVMHS grad Christine Barbuto.
- The School Committee reconvenes from its summer break Tuesday night (7:30 p.m.) at the Kiley School.
- There's a neighborhood meeting scheduled Wednesday night (6:30 p.m.) at St. Adelaide's to discuss the crosswalk situation in front of the church. Mayor Ted Bettencourt and Ward 6 Councilor Barry Sinewitz are expected to attend. The meeting is in the parish hall.
- The Fun Factory returns to the Northshore Mall on Wednesday from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. with fun activities for kids and the entire family. The event is sponsored by Simon Property Group, Lalaloopsy, Mooshka, Mega Bloks, Bandai and Gogos. Each sponsor will have a "destination station" with activities.
- Soprano Rebecca Hains and pianist Thomas Dawkins are performing at Wiggin Auditorium at City Hall Wednesday evening as part of the annual fall concert series with the Peabody Institute Library. Hains and Dawkins will take their audience down the street of New York's "Tin Pan Alley" with sets of Americana, vaudeville, Broadway and novelty songs, featuring the music of George Gerswhin, Cole Porter, Scott Joplin, Irving Berlin, Rodgers & Hart and others. The Sept. 11 show is 7 p.m. Call 978-531-0100 ext. 10 for more information and you can register online.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.