Woman in Road Rage Incident Finds Note Taped to Car Weeks Later
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 21-22.
Sunday, Oct. 21
- 2:24 p.m. A passing motorist on Prospect Street reported three youths were on a porch and one of them was pointing a rifle at passing cars. Police checked the area, but did not find anything suspicious.
- 2:41 p.m. A female caller on Smoke Rise Circle reported she was involved in a road rage incident on Oct. 6 and she discovered notes taped to her car earlier this morning.
- 3:35 p.m. A male reported he was threatened by another male who was sitting on benches in the area of Main Street. That man told police the other man had actually started the argument. After speaking to both men, an officer reported the peace was restored.
- 4 p.m. A female caller on Central Street reported her son backed up into her with his car and stole $100.
- 5:59 p.m. A caller reported some teens were playing football around vehicles parked at Gaywood Circle.
- 8:07 p.m. Officers reported they were assisting Marblehead police with serving a warrant at a Winnegance Avenue home. Police spoke with the brother of the person they were looking for and he said his brother left on foot about a half hour earlier, but he didn't know which direction he went. And he was intoxicated when he left.
- 10:19 p.m. A caller reported 10 males were urinating in the driveway at a Warren Street apartment and drinking alcohol. The caller said the group was asking to leave many times, but refused. Police checked the area, but did not find anyone.
Monday, Oct. 22
- 7:39 a.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported his neighbor was yelling at him about parking in his own driveway. Officers spoke to both men and said the matter appeared to have been resolved for the time being. The dispute was over the property line.
- 7:56 a.m. Police responded to an accident between a motorcycle and a Honda Accord near the Northshore Mall. A 45-year-old Peabody man who was operating the motorcycle was transported to Salem Hospital with injuries. Police said no vehicle tows were necessary.
- 8:29 a.m. Two drivers issued citations for failure to stop for a school bus at the corner of Route 114 and Andover Drive.
- 8:50 a.m. A caller on Tracey Street reported two of the person's car tires were slashed.
- 9:45 a.m. A 22-year-old man was transported to Salem Hospital from Peabody District Court. Police said he was going in and out of consciousness, apparently from a drug overdose.
- 10:59 a.m. Peabody firefighters rescued an injured swan by Crystal Lake Monday morning. See related story.
- 11:27 a.m. Mark L. Jemiolo, 28, of 12 Crowninshield St. #323, Peabody, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Newburyport District Court. Jemiolo walked into the police station and turned himself in.
- 12:25 p.m. A caller reported someone illegally dumped cardboard in a donation box outside Toscana's Ristorante. Police said two men who work for 1-800-GOT-JUNK were illegally dumping the cardboard and they would be picking it up. They were then advised to leave the area.
- 1:29 p.m. A 53-year-old Central Street resident was issued a court summons for two counts each of violating a harassment order and intimidating a witness.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.