Thief Pilfers 75 Rings From Mall Jewelry Store
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 21-22.
Monday, Jan. 21
- 2:05 p.m. A caller on Beeman Road reported some documents were missing from his home.
- 3:31 p.m. A juvenile was transported from the Higgins Middle School gym to North Shore Children's Hospital with a possible broken arm.
- 6:02 p.m. A caller reported a woman was walking on the northbound side of Route 1 near the Jughandle. The caller said the woman was walking back and forth on the highway, approaching cars. She was described as petite and wearing white pants and a jacket. An officer checked the area, but couldn't find anyone.
- 6:16 p.m. DPS notified the Police Department that a citywide snow emergency and parking ban was declared.
- 8:24 p.m. A caller on Upham Street reported receiving harassing and threatening phone calls. Police said there did not appear to be actual threats and the calls were originating from a number in Jamaica. The resident was instructed to contact his service provider about blocking the calls.
- 8:34 p.m. Employees at Victoria's Secret reported they lost $1,000 in merchandise from the store that night, but didn't know who took it or even what it was.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- 1:39 a.m. A caller at Highland Terrace reported there were three vehicles parked on the street in front of her house, which was in violation of the emergency parking ban. Police said they wrote six tickets for parking violations.
- 10:25 a.m. Employees at the Jeweler's Workbench at the mall reported someone stole 75 rings from an unlocked case. The value of each ring is $50. The theft occurred between 9 p.m. on Jan. 21 and 9:55 a.m. on Jan. 22.
- 10:43 a.m. A caller on Stone Drive reported someone entered the home and stole the TV. Police said there were no signs of forced entry, but there was an unsecured window.
- 1:39 p.m. Hilda Esteban, 26, of 39 Rogers St. #1, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Bartholomew Street. She was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, failure to yield at an intersection and a brakes violation.
- 1:58 p.m. Steven M. Adkison, 28, of 22 Pulaski St. #A8, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged on a warrant from another department.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.