Salem Woman Given Warning for 'Aggressive Driving'
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following excerpts are from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from May 30-31.
Wednesday, May 30
- 2:03 p.m. A 26-year-old Peabody woman who lives on Valley Circle was transported to Lynn Union Hospital after a car accident at the corner of Bartholomew Street and Valley Circle. The vehicle -- a 2004 Mercedes ML500 -- was towed away and the woman was issued a summons for driving with a suspended license. She was later summonsed for larceny over $250, following a report of a theft at her home.
- 4:15 p.m. A North Central Street resident reported she heard several gunshots in the area. Police spoke with the neighbors and determined the sounds came from a wooded area and may have just been fireworks.
- 5:09 p.m. A Peabody woman reported her debit card account number was used to make a $600 purchase at a bed store in Lynn.
- 5:48 p.m. A female reported her ex-husband created a false Facebook page under her name and had posted false information and pictures.
- 6:38 p.m. A 29-year-old Salem woman was given a verbal warning by police for "aggressive driving," following a motor vehicle stop at the intersection of Lowell and King streets.
- 9:46 p.m. A caller reported her late father's vase was stolen from cemetery plot at Puritan Lawn Memorial Park sometime between Mother's Day and Memorial Day. She said it was a bronze vase valued around $700.
Thursday, May 31
- 12:44 a.m. A caller on Bowditch Street reported "powerful fireworks" in the area. Police checked the area, but didn't find anything.
- 1:54 a.m. Richard C. Gendron, 56, of 42 Walnut St. #2, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lynn Street and Bay State Road. He was charged with a subsequent offense of driving on a suspended license.
- 7:52 a.m. A caller on Symphony Road reported two cement lions were stolen from his property the night before. He said they were worth $480 each.
- 9:36 a.m. A 60-year-old Peabody man was issued a summons for domestic assault and battery, following a report of a domestic assault at his apartment on Foster Street.
- 10:06 a.m. A caller on Essex Green Drive reported someone entered his unlocked car on May 19 and stole his cell phone and digital camera.
- 12:34 p.m. The owner of a Foster Street apartment building reported he had evicted some tenants the day before and returned today to find about $1,000 worth of various items missing.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.