Possible Fugitive, Drug Deal and a Stolen Mailbox
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 16-17.
Saturday, March 16
- 3:35 p.m. One person was transported to Lahey Clinic following a two-car accident at the Northshore Mall.
- 6:31 p.m. A caller reported she was stuck in the self storage lot at the Public Storage facility on Route 1. Police said it appeared to be a problem with the gate and the woman was freed.
- 7:30 p.m. Report of a car into a pole at the corner of Lynnfield Street and Norfolk Avenue. Officers said it was a minor accident, but the driver was "showing fugitive information from Interpol." Both Interpol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement were notified. The owner of the car was identified, but it was unclear from the initial report if that was the same person as the driver.
- 8:56 p.m. A manager at the Outback Steakhouse called to report a suspicious car was in the parking lot. The vehicle appeared to be occupied and was there all night. Officers said they already checked on the car around 10:30 a.m. and the occupant claimed to have run out of gas and was waiting for AAA. An officer located the man again and said employees at Outback had taken up a collection to get the man some food and buy some gas. He promised to be on his way soon.
- 11:09 p.m. Report of a car into a tree on Warren Street. Police said a green 1998 Jeep Cherokee was towed from the scene and the driver refused medical transport. DPS was notified to check the tree.
- 11:23 p.m. A caller reported a tractor-trailer was in the ditch on Hotel Road behind SpringHill Suites. Police said Phil's Towing was able to help get the rig out of the ditch.
Sunday, March 17
- 12:48 a.m. Mark F. Stewart, 52, of 2 Dana Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a disturbance outside a Central Street apartment. A caller said there was a man smashing things outside. Stewart was charged with disturbing the peace and breaking and entering for a felony. Police also requested a medical evaluation.
- 8:02 a.m. A caller on Birch Street reported his mailbox was stolen. He said it was a black metal mailbox worth $40.
- 8:34 a.m. Police received a report of two males walking on Route 1 South the wrong way. The caller believed the two males were intoxicated. An officer pulled up to the Turnpike Car Wash and said both males were getting into a taxi.
- 10:02 a.m. An employee at Pediatric Health Care on Centennial Drive reported that a patient found an unknown substance in the bathroom. An officer took the item and disposed of it.
- 11:21 a.m. An off-duty police officer reported witnessing drug activity at the Hess gas station on Lowell Street. He said a vehicle headed east on Lowell Street.
- 12:53 p.m. A caller said he was just assaulted by a white male, about 20 years old, and wearing a black sweatshirt and gray sweatpants on Collins Street.
- 1:17 p.m. A Lowell Street resident reported her home was broken into through the rear kitchen door and cash was stolen on March 14.
- 4:48 p.m. Police received a report of a burgundy-colored midsize vehicle sporting a "For Sale" sign racing down Main Street. The caller said the vehicle went through red lights, was passing other vehicles and headed toward Salem. Officers in the area were notified to be on the lookout and Salem police were also notified.
- 5:08 p.m. A caller reported he heard three gun shots on Pleasant Street. He described a yellow house in front of a blue one. Officers spoke to a Fountain Street resident and checked two homes on Pleasant Street. They also spoke to several individuals and said the incident appeared to be unfounded.
- 5:37 p.m. Luis Roblero, 24, of 36 Oak St. #A1, Peabody, was arrested, following a shoplifting incident at Sears. He was charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise.
- 7:47 p.m. A caller on Aborn Street reported the tenants above her were loudly banging on her ceiling. Police said it was just three young children who were being a little loud.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.