Police Investigate Break-ins; Conduct Alcohol Sting
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following excerpts are from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from April 23-24.
Monday, April 23
- 5:08 p.m. A caller on Jayne Circle reported someone stole several items worth about $1,000 from his shed, which were left out on his yard the day before. He said his neighbor copied down the suspect's license plate and that information was forwarded to police. A 55-year-old Revere man was issued a summons for larceny over $250. Police said they spoke with the man and advised him to return the items by 9 p.m.
- 5:19 p.m. A caller on Sherman Street reported his house was broken into earlier in the day. Police said entry was through the front door. A $300 Dell Notebook computer and $60 in scratch tickets were stolen.
- 6:35 p.m. Detectives and officers performed compliance checks at various restaurants, bars and stores that sell or serve alcohol -- normally underage operatives are sent in to each establishment and attempt to purchase alcohol. Police reported that seven establishments (all restaurants and a bar) failed in that sting. The information would be forwarded to the Licensing Board for a hearing.
Tuesday, April 24
- 7:06 a.m. A 28-year-old Texas woman was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of Lowell and Summit streets. Only one vehicle was towed and no citations were issued.
- 8:45 a.m. The Sheriff's Department requested assistance with serving a warrant at a Goodale Street home. Michael Hallberg, 45, of 78 Goodale St., Peabody, was arrested on the warrant without incident.
- 8:49 a.m. Staff at SpringHill Suites reported a guest's car was broken into. Nothing was reported as stolen.
- 9:04 a.m. Raquel S. Henriquez, 28, of 37 Ward St. #3, Salem, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Peabody District Court at Woodbridge Assisted Living. The warrant charges were for larceny and credit card fraud.
- 9:56 a.m. A female resident who lives near St. Ann's Church reported someone dumped yard waste illegally in the church parking lot.
For questions about this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.