Police Arrest Man at Home on Drug Charges
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Feb. 9-10.
Thursday, Feb. 9
- 2:12 p.m. Jose G. Deleon, 27, of 645 Western Ave. #1L, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Centennial Drive. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and failure to signal.
- 2:30 p.m. Neil J. Keenom, 31, of 2200 Crane Brook Way, Peabody, was arrested at his residence on two counts of possession to distribute a Class B drug.
- 3:15 p.m. A caller reported an assault that occurred on Sunday at her church (First United Methodist). Police said an officer would conduct a follow-up investigation.
- 5:02 p.m. A caller at the Lakeside School reported a past assault involving a male.
- 6:05 p.m. A caller reported she was assaulted while at Paddy Kelly's on Sunday around 12:30 a.m. and struck in the face. The owner of the bar had to break up the fight. Police said the incident was under investigation, but indicated charges would be filed.
- 7:54 p.m. A caller at On Your Toes Inc. reported a past shoplifting incident. The caller spoke with the suspect and police said the products would be returned the next day.
- 7:58 p.m. A caller at Macarthur Circle reported a break-in. Police said the rear door was kicked in. The owner was determining if anything was missing.
- 9:23 p.m. A caller at the Tannery Apartments reported he cashed a check that came back as having insufficient funds. He said two other checks were also cashed with his name in the memo line, but by someone else at a business on Central Street, and also came back with insufficient funds.
Friday, Feb. 10
- 10:17 a.m. A 24-year-old Manchester, N.H., man was issued a summons for larceny under $250, following a report of a theft at Woodbridge Assisted Living.
- 11:05 a.m. A 21-year-old Oak Street resident reported she was threatened over the phone by a man who lives on Mount Vernon Street. She said the man told her not to come around anymore because "she doesn't know who she's messing with." She said the man was in his 40s or 50s and she was worried the incident might escalate.
- 12:31 p.m. A male pedestrian was transported to Salem Hospital after he was struck by a motor vehicle on Margin Street. No further details were available.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.