Minor Charged on Alcohol Possession, Texting While Driving After 3-Car Crash
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are further excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from June 17-18.
Sunday, June 17
- 2:49 p.m. A passing motorist reported he saw a man grab a young male by the back of the neck area and drag him toward a house on Lowell Street. Police checked the area and said nothing was amiss.
- 2:56 p.m. Store security at Sears reported a shoplifting in progress. Police checked the area for the suspect's vehicle, but were unable to find it. Store security said a watch valued around $50 was stolen along with other possible items. Police identified the owner of the vehicle and said they would issue a summons for shoplifting in addition to filing multiple child endangerment reports because the man apparently left his children in the store and/or the car while stealing merchandise inside.
- 5:05 p.m. A caller reported a white male on a black bike in the Stop & Shop parking lot just approached a customer and asked if he wanted to buy some crack. Police said the suspect was wearing a black shirt, blue jeans and glasses. The caller, police said, declined to give them any of his (the caller's) personal information.
- 6:32 p.m. Antonio J. Canejo, 43, of 286 Newbury St. #130A, Peabody, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a domestic. He was charged with intimidating a witness and domestic assault.
- 6:39 p.m. A 20-year-old Peabody male was issued a summons for being a minor in possession of alcohol and texting while driving, following a three-car accident at the corner of Lynnfield Street and Dooling Circle. He was driving a 1996 BMW convert, police said. Two vehicles were towed from the scene.
Monday, June 18
- 3:11 a.m. A security guard at the Tannery Apartments on Warren Street reported a white male, about six feet tall and weighing 190 pounds, was looking under cars near Building 12. When confronted, the man told the guard he lived in Building 16, but then fled in a black two-door Jeep with New Hampshire license plates. The guard said a white female was also inside the Jeep. Police said they would also keep an eye out for the vehicle.
- 6:26 a.m. Kener S. Batista, 30, of 17 Sewall St. #301, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 8:47 a.m. An employee at Puritan Lawn Memorial Park reported a past larceny. An officer investigating the scene said more than 30 bronze vases were stolen -- they were valued around $200 each. The theft occurred after 6 a.m. Police found two unoccupied vehicles at the rear of the cemetery -- one was owned by a Salem woman and the other by a Lynn man. The Lynn man was located fishing by the pond and was advised not to return. It was unclear if police suspected the man and the vehicles were connected to the theft.
- 9:12 a.m. A caller on Scribner Road reported her five-year-old male Maine Coon cat was missing. "Max" was last seen in the area of Scribner Road on June 16. He was not wearing a collar and is not microchipped, the woman said.
- 9:58 a.m. An officer reported that between June 12 and that morning, someone stole two Adderall prescriptions from his apartment on Central Street.
- 10:08 a.m. An officer reported being flagged down on Ellsworth Road by a resident who said a suspicious male was walking the neighborhood while talking on a cell phone. The officer located the person and said everything was in order.
- 12:58 p.m. A caller reported a male was urinating on the trees by Bill & Bob's Roast Beef.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.