Man Reportedly Hoses Down Kids for Playing Hoops in Front of House
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Sept. 16-17.
Sunday, Sept. 16
- 2:11 p.m. A caller reported an injured fox in the area of Catherine Drive that was possibly hit by a motor vehicle. Police were unable to find the animal.
- 3:55 p.m. Police received a report of a Highland Park resident spraying a waterhose at some youths for playing basketball in front of his house. An officer advised the kids to respect their neighbors and not sit on their porches.
- 4:04 p.m. John O. Roy, 42, of 2 Henry Ter., Peabody, was arrested at his home, following a report of a domestic disturbance. He was charged with domestic assault and battery.
- 5:39 p.m. Police received a call that a youth was using hair dye to "make a statement" behind CVS (the store location was not given). Police said the youth was taken back to his home on Washington Street.
- 6:27 p.m. A caller on Linden Road reported he confronted a person going through his trash on the sidewalk. The man then left in a green pickup truck.
- 6:39 p.m. A caller reported two males with a baby in their car were parked outside Tennessee BBQ and they had open beer cans. The caller said she saw one of them drop a can on the ground by the car and then go into the restaurant. Police checked the area, but were unable to find the vehicle. An alert was issued to area departments to watch for the vehicle.
- 10:09 p.m. Police received a report of a stolen vehicle on Washington Street.
Monday, Sept. 17
- 9:38 a.m. Police responded to a report of a suspicious person underneath a car in the high school parking lot. An officer said the person was just cleaning some cars and there was no problem, although the person was turned over to school security.
- 9:57 a.m. A 30-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery and intimidating a witness, following a report of a past assault at an Aborn Street apartment.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.