Man Repeatedly Threatens Trash Truck Driver Emptying Dumpster
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following excerpts are from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 29-30.
Thursday, March 29
- 3:28 p.m. A caller reported that some youths standing outside a Nissan Altima at Marrs Park were involved in drug activity. Police checked the area, but did not find anyone.
- 4:30 p.m. The Fire Department responded to a report of a kitchen fire at a Lowell Street home next door to the West Peabody Fire Station. The fire was extinguished in short order and fire officials said a Pop-Tart in the toaster was to blame. The fire spread from the toaster to the cabinets. No one was injured.
- 5:07 p.m. Jose J. Flores, 29, of 132 Cottage St. #1, Chelsea, was arrested, following a report of two males inside Sears possibly attempting to steal merchandise. Flores was charged with shoplifting.
- 5:45 p.m. Victor M. Flores, 50, of 11 Waverly St. #1, Everett, was arrested for shoplifting at Sears.
- 6:08 p.m. Nestor Mendez, 25, of 10 Forest St. #3, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Winona and Lisburn streets. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.
- 6:36 p.m. A 13-year-old was arrested, following a report of an out-of-control juvenile at a Pine Street address. The teen was charged with domestic assault and battery and two counts of malicious destruction of property.
- 7:57 p.m. Police received a report of a past burglary on May Street. There were no signs of forced entry to the home. Police said many people actually had access to the residence.
- 8:07 p.m. Police received a report of a past theft at Aerie, which is located at the mall.
- 11:27 p.m. Police responded to a report of a rollover accident on Route 1 near SpringHill Suites. There were no injuries.
Friday, March 30
- 1:42 a.m. Tuan K. Le, 44, of 261 Newbury St. #61C, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation.
- 2:08 a.m. The Fire Department responded to a report of a vehicle on fire on Winona Street. Firefighters extinguished the blaze on a white Cadillac Seville.
- 4:04 a.m. Police received a report of a man threatening a trash truck driver at the Dunkin' Donuts at 256 Andover St. The driver said he was emptying the Dumpster when he was repeatedly threatened by the other man.
- 12:14 p.m. Robert A. Bouffard, 61, of 14 Keyes Dr., Peabody, was arrested for disorderly conduct at his residence after EMTs reported an out-of-control patient. A female was transported to Salem Hospital.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.