Man Injured After Car Hits Telephone Pole
The following is an excerpt from the Peabody Police log over the weekend.
The following is an excerpt from the Peabody Police log from Thursday through Sunday morning.
- Andrew Curda, 43, 8 Walnut St., Peabody, was arrested on Thursday at 1:45 p.m. on a warrant and charged with possession of class B drugs with intent to distribute, drug possession in a school zone, cocaine trafficking and possession of class C drugs with intent to distribute. The arrest was made on Walnut Street.
- At 5:30 p.m. Thursday, police responded to Lynnfield Street for a neighborhood dispute about a property line.
- At 5:56 p.m. Thursday, police arrested Luis Canela, 24, 6 March St., Salem, and charged him with driving after license suspension. The arrest was made on Lowell Street.
- At 9:07 p.m. Thursday, police extinguished a barrel fire on Washington Street.
- At 12:27 a.m. Friday, a Bourbon Street business owner called police to tell them two men were waiting outside and he believed they wanted to fight him. Police alerted the business owner that there was no problem.
- At 12:51 a.m. Friday, a resident of Parsons Street called police after finding her basement full of smoke. Officers found the smoke was from burner blow back. The fire department ventilated the home.
- At 1:20 a.m. Friday, police arrested Sheryl A. Colella, 43, 306 Euclid Ave., Lynn, and charged her with driving while under the influence of alcohol, possession of class B drugs and speeding. The arrest was made on Summit Street.
- At 8:09 a.m. Friday, a resident of Washington Street reported a mountain bike with shocks was taken overnight.
- At 12:16 p.m. Friday, police received a call from a Meadowview Road resident about a wild rabbit on their lawn. Police told the resident to let it be.
- At 2:27 p.m. Friday, police made a motor vehicle stop on Rose Circle and arrested Romero Abraham, 41, 44 Essex St., Lynn, and charged him with driving without a license, failure to signal and driving with an unsecured/uncovered load.
- One person was transported to the hospital after a motor vehicle crash on Main Street at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
- At 7:09 p.m. Friday, a man reported he was assaulted and robbed on Main Street. According to the victim, $60 was taken from him. The man was transported to the hospital.
- At 7:39 p.m. Friday, a resident of Lowell Street reported his apartment was broken into and jewelry stolen.
- At 7:40 p.m. Friday, police received a call about people fishing in Puritan Lawn Cemetery.
- At 9:25 p.m. Friday, a business owner on Lowell Street noticed a neighboring business was flooding with water.
- At 1:03 a.m. Saturday, police responded to Catherine Drive for a report of a car into a telephone pole. When they arrived they arrested John Mansfield, 40, 1 Elizabeth Lane, and charged him with driving while under the influence of alcohol.
- On Saturday, police received two calls about a man in a silver pickup truck asking young boys to stop. Once they stopped, the man told them he "knew their father." In both cases, the boys left the area quickly.
- At 6:40 p.m. Friday, police arrested June M. Pierce, 51, 4 Lindell Court, Danvers, on charges of violating an abuse prevention order.
- At 9:25 p.m. Saturday, police responded to the intersection of Walnut and Mount Vernon streets for a car crash with injuries. When they arrived, they found a white 2004 Ford Explorer had struck a telephone pole. The driver of the vehicle, Fernando Alves, 20, of 53 Washington St., Peabody, was transported to Salem Hospital with injuries. Alves was charged with driving without a license and being a minor in possession of alcohol. His passenger, Magnovaldo Reis, 38, of 53 Washington St., Peabody, will also be summonsed for allowing improper operation of a vehicle.
- At 11:35 p.m. Saturday, police arrested Fabio D. Oliveira, 19 Berry St., Peabody, and charged him with driving after his license was suspended for being a habitual traffic offender. The arrest was made on Andover Street.
- At 11:26 p.m. Saturday, police responded to Tuckers Court for a fight in progress. When police arrived, the fight had ended, but one man was bleeding from the head. The man refused medical treatment.
- Police arrested Jason Pelletier, 28, 453 Shawsheen Ave., Wilmington, and charged him with driving while under the influence of alcohol, marked lanes violation and failure to signal after a motor vehicle stop at 1:18 a.m. Sunday.
- At 6:57 a.m. Sunday, a police vehicle struck a cement pillar at the high school and suffered front end damage.
- At 8:42 a.m. Sunday, workers found the concession stand at Lt. Ross Park was broken into overnight. The suspects entered by removing an air conditioner; $100 worth of product was stolen.
- At 8:52 a.m. Sunday, a hypodermic needle was found on Winter Street.