Man Charged With OUI Drugs After Crash; $15K in Sunglasses Stolen at Mall
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from March 19-20.
Tuesday, March 19
- 3:28 p.m. Donald F. Kodes, 62, of 11 Blaney Ave., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic disturbance at his home. He was charged with domestic assault and battery and intimidating a witness.
- 4:42 p.m. Revere police reported they recovered a stolen motor vehicle, a 2005 Ford F250. Police said the plow was missing, along with the headlights and front grill, the interior was stripped and both the driver's side door and lock were broken.
- 5:14 p.m. A caller on Donegal Road reported the theft of five air-conditioners from a garage. A suspect was identified.
- 6:04 p.m. Another Donegal Road resident reported scrap copper was stolen from her home. Police said the material was worth about $300.
- 7:57 p.m. Danvers police released an alert to watch for a vehicle fleeing police on Route 128 South. The vehicle was spotted on the highway near Centennial Drive, but the driver refused to stop for police and the chase discontinued and turned over to state police. The vehicle was identified in connection to a shoplifting in Danvers.
- 9 p.m. A caller at the Tannery Apartments on Crowninshield Street reported her ex-boyfriend's girlfriend was harassing her with annoying phone calls. After speaking to both individuals, an officer issued a court summons to a 40-year-old Winthrop woman on a charge of criminal harassment.
Wednesday, March 20
- 12:11 a.m. A caller at Logan Express on Route 1 reported a car was stolen from the lot. The car was a black 2001 Honda Civic with Illinois license plates.
- 12:16 a.m. Police responded to a two-car accident at 5 Corners. A 33-year-old Lynn woman was transported to Lynn Union Hospital and issued a court summons for driving with a revoked registration. Police said a stop sign and street sign were knocked down in the accident.
- 1:48 a.m. A caller at a Main Street apartment reported a possible water leak in the building. The Fire Department checked the apartment and said everything was in order. Iit appeared the person was drinking.
- 9:30 a.m. Police responded to a head-on collision on Sutton Street. There were no injuries and both cars were towed away. Philip C. Casavant III, 34, of Leominster, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of drugs, a marked lanes violation and driving recklessly to endanger.
- 9:53 a.m. Mall security reported a past burglary from the Sunglass Hut kiosk. The manager reported opening the kiosk to find two cases of sunglasses, worth about $15,000, were stolen.
- 10:37 a.m. A male passenger in a two-car accident at the corner of Wallis and Walnut streets was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 11:11 a.m. An employee at Lahey Clinic reported someone stole $500 from her purse.
- 3:26 p.m. A caller reported a bearded white male, about 60 years old, with gray hair and wearing a plaid coat and jeans, was pointing a suspicious object, possibly a radar gun, at oncoming traffic on Lowell Street. The caller said he was between Baldwin Street and the high school. Police were unable to locate the man.
- 4 p.m. A caller on Endicott Street reported a debt collection company was at his home, harassing him for payment.
- 7:54 p.m. A male caller reported another male fraudulently opened a cell phone account in his name in Danvers and accumulated more than $800 in unpaid charges. The victim was advised to file a report with Danvers police.
- 7:56 p.m. A caller reported three vehicles were racing down Route 114 and last seen taking a right onto Endicott Street. Patrol cars were advised to be on the lookout and one car -- a yellow 1997 Honda Civic -- was located in front of Santoro's. The driver was spoken to.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.