Macy's Says Man in Store Exposing Himself to Public
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Feb. Feb 13-15.
Wednesday, Feb. 13
- 2:40 p.m. Mall security reported a female wished to report a theft. A woman said the merchandise she bought at Forever 21 was stolen from her. She paid $213 for the items.
- 3:01 p.m. Wilmer Ramirez-Lopez, 26, of 55 Laighten St. #2, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 3:30 p.m. An officer reported a couple was scammed out $2,100 from a female. The couple said they were called by a UPS driver to meet at Sears to buy three TVs.
- 3:33 p.m. A caller reported kids were on top of the roof of a residence at the corner of Mason and Washington streets and shooting a pellet gun. Police checked the area, but didn't find anyone.
- 4:50 p.m. A caller on Wallis Street reported threats were made to a three-year-old after a snowball fight. An officer restored the peace.
- 7 p.m. Three officers attended a meeting at Higgins Middle School with the School Committee's Parents Advisory Board to explain the police department's response to critical incidents in school.
- 8:06 p.m. Staff at Macy's reported there was a male wearing a black jacket exposing himself to the public. The witness was not there when police arrived, but an officer spoke to the man and sent him on his way.
Thursday, Feb. 14
- 1:44 a.m. Michael Petrillo, 26, of 0 Whitney Dr., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle accident on Lynnfield Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. A caller said a white Hummer struck a pole in the area of 420 Lynnfield St. Officers then located the SUV at the corner with Casco Road and took Petrillo into custody.
- 7:20 a.m. A 28-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for malicious damage to a motor vehicle, following a report of a disturbance with an employee at Statewide Paving & Sealcoating Co. on Foster Street.
- 8:06 a.m. A caller on Harrison Avenue reported a suspicious blue van was in the area. She said two vehicles with multiple individuals show up frequently, usually people in one van appearing to relieve the other van. She said they arrive at 4 p.m. and sit outside all night -- sometime during the wee morning hours a second vehicle shows up to relieve the first. Police told the woman to call back when one of the vehicles was outside to see if they could identify it.
- 10:39 a.m. An employee at Homestead Studio Suites reported possible drug activity in guest's room. The employee said he informed the hotel guests he called the police and they then possibly hit something in a Dumpster. A white male and female left the area in a green Scion while a black male left in a black four-door vehicle. An officer stopped the Scion and reported they were leaving the hotel permanently. The hotel manager said they were not welcome back.
- 1:56 p.m. A female caller reported she was involved in a road rage incident with a male driver around 7:50 a.m. at the intersection of Winona and Lake streets. She said the male made hand gestures to her and put his vehicle in reverse, possibly striking her vehicle. Police said there was no visible damage.
- 2:02 p.m. A 16-year-old juvenile was arrested for larceny over $250 at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School.
- 3:36 p.m. Daniel Falasca, 52, of 18 Keyes Dr. #1, Peabody, was arrested at his apartment for domestic assault and battery.
- 5:28 p.m. A caller at the Tannery Gardens on Foster Street reported a Revere woman stole, forged and cashed multiple checks. Police said the investigation into the incident was ongoing to positively identify the suspect before seeking charges.
- 6:57 p.m. A 62-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for leaving the scene of a car accident with property damage and a marked lanes violation, following a report of a hit-and-run on Route 114.
- 8:19 p.m. A driver and her passenger, who were involved in a two-car accident in Peabody Square, were transported to Salem Hospital. Both cars were towed.
Friday, Feb. 15
- 2:24 a.m. Rachel A. Rodrigues, 22, of South Dartmouth, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lowell Street. She was charged with driving with a revoked license, not having a valid inspection sticker, failure to wear a seat belt and speeding.
- 4:25 a.m. A 33-year-old Lynn man was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery, following a report of a disturbance at a Veterans Memorial Drive home.
- 10:17 a.m. A 45-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for violating a restraining order after an incident at Higgins Middle School.
- 11:23 a.m. A resident at Woodbridge Assisted Living reported someone fraudulently used his identity to file 2012 tax returns.
- 12:53 p.m. An employee at the CVS at 535 Lowell St. reported a suspicious person was in the store, making piles of merchandise and walking away. Police said the person did end up paying for everything.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.