Lynn Man Charged With OUI After Accident on First Avenue
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Nov. 6-7.
Tuesday, Nov. 6
- 2:31 p.m. A 21-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 2:41 p.m. Edward L. Carpenter, Jr., 46, of 1 Silverleaf Way #126, Lynn, was arrested, following a car accident on First Avenue. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a subsequent offense of driving with a suspended license.
- 5:32 p.m. A female resident at a mobile home park on Route 1 turned in some old ammunition she found in her home that was left by the previous owner. Police said the shells were spent.
- 6:30 p.m. A male resident reported someone fraudulently withdrew $500 from his bank account in New York on Oct. 27. There were no suspects.
- 6:55 p.m. A 61-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for failure to stop for a police officer and two counts of failure to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk, following an incident at the corner of Wilson Terrace and Central Street. One of the city's 19 polling sites is on Wilson Terrace.
- 7:12 p.m. A caller on Downing Road reported a past road rage incident with a black Chevrolet Impala in the Centerfield neighborhood. The man was concerned about retaliation -- he said he "confronted some kids about speeding in the neighborhood and was concerend they may come back."
- 11:22 p.m. A 42-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery and intimidating a witness, following an incident at his residence on Crane Brook Way.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- 8:12 a.m. A caller reported some homeless people were sleeping in the doorway of a building across from Peabody Glass on Howley Street. Police checked the area and sent one man on his way.
- 9:54 a.m. A student at Higgins Middle School was transported to North Shore Children's Hospital after taking a fall and complaining of back pain.
- 1:44 p.m. A caller reported a man fell off his bicycle at the corner of Washignton Street and Allens Lane and appeared to be intoxicated. Police gave the man a ride home.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.