It Started With a $112 Restaurant Bill...
The following information was supplied by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 14-15.
Monday, Jan. 14
- 3:34 p.m. A 32-year-old Pembroke, N.H. woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 3:38 p.m. Jilmo F. Dossantos, 49, of 85 Main St. #3, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Mason Street. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 3:50 p.m. A male at a Mandalay Drive home was transported to Mass. General Hospital in Boston after cutting his hand on a chainsaw.
- 5:30 p.m. Police assisted a Revere officer and residentof that cit in locating the man's stolen trailer at a mobile home park on Route 1.
- 6:56 p.m. Police responded to the Marriott Hotel after someone there dialed 911 and hung up. An officer said there was a highly intoxicated man in one of the rooms. A 28-year-old man was transported to Beverly Hospital and advised not to return to the Marriott.
- 7:51 p.m. Store security at Sears reported a male shoplifter dropped some merchandise and was being chased on foot. The suspect was last seen near Toys R Us. Police checked the area, but did not find the suspect. They said he dropped a single item that was valued at $20.
- 8:20 p.m. Police received a report of a female taking off from the Sylvan Street Grille without paying her bill, which was $112. An officer located the female at the BP gas station nearby and requested an ambulance respond, as the woman was having a seizure. She was transported to Lahey Clinic. An EMT called back to report the woman took off toward Nordstrom, however, after arriving outside the hospital. Police located her again and this time she asked to return to Lahey, where she was eventually evaluated and checked out. The woman, a 31-year-old Beverly resident, was then issued a court summons for larceny over the unpaid restaurant bill.
- 8:33 p.m. A caller at Carrabba's Italian Grill reported a car was broken into. Police said the driver's side window was smashed.
- 8:35 p.m. A caller on Pleasant Street reported a PlayStation 3 was left on his doorstep addressed to a person who didn't live at the apartment.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
- 6:10 a.m. A caller on Brown Street reported a car break-in sometime overnight. A laptop computer worth $2,000 was taken.
- 8:50 a.m. A detective reported he was investigating a past larceny at a Marion Road home.
- 9:11 a.m. A female was issued a court summons for assault and battery, following a 911 hangup at a Driscoll Street home.
- 11:53 a.m. A Maple Village resident on Aborn Street reported her pickup truck -- a black 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe -- was stolen.
- 1:33 p.m. An officer conducting an area check reported he was stopped on Paleologos Street with three individuals. Ralph E. Sciarretta, 43, of 17 Tracey St. #2D, Peabody, was arrested for trespassing and on three warrants while two other men were issued a court summonses for trespassing.
- 1:34 p.m. A caller at a Foster Street condo association reported her locks were changed, but $150 and a laptop computer were missing.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.