5 Things to Know: Peabody's Best Gas Price
Essential daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 26. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
1. Forecast: Sunny in the morning, then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s.
2. Peabody TSA Agent Recognized: Michael Barros of Peabody has been honored by MassPort for his actions helping a traveler at Logan Airport who had fallen on an escalator.
3. Help Danvers Schools Win $100K: Patch is giving away $100,000 to the school district in the city or town that has the winner of this year's "Deck The House" contest. Nearby Danvers has one of the 25 national finalists. You can vote once a day through Saturday.
4. Gas Prices: Here's the lowest unleaded gas price in Peabody, according to Mapquest: $3.30 at Gaetas Gulf North, 136 Newbury St. To get the best prices before you fill up, check the Peabody Patch Commuter News Page.
5. Looking to Volunteer?: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay is looking for volunteer mentors and also accepts donations to support their programs. As a Big Brother or Big Sister, you spend time with a young person from the area for a few hours, a couple times each month. Here’s more on how to volunteer or donate.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: