Five Things to Know: A Peabody Tree Immortalized on Film
Essential daily information at a glance, including a screening of the short film "Bye Bye Linden," which commemorates an old tree in Peabody that city workers cut down.
1. Weather Watch: A slight chance of snow showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. Ice Warning: The National Weather Service has issued a warning for ice on untreated roads and walkways in Peabody this morning, so be careful if you're out driving or walking.
3. Winter Film Festival in Marblehead: The Oscars are Sunday. But movie lovers have an early treat today as the Festival of Arts' Winter Film Festival comes to the Marblehead Little Theatre. You'll see 13 short films. Doors open at 7 p.m. Wednesday, with films beginning at 7:30 p.m. Free.
4. Peabody Tree Immortalized on Film: One of the screenings in the film festival lineup is "Bye Bye Linden," which commemorates an old tree in Peabody that city workers cut down. Here's the short film on YouTube.
5. February Vacation Activity: If you've got little ones at home for the February Vacation, here's one reason to get out of the house. The Northshore Mall is hosting "When I Grow Up," as part of their vacation lineup for families. 11 a.m. at Macy's Court.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: