Ducklings Rescued From Storm Drain; Woman Complains Dogs Use Yard as 'Toilet'
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following excerpts are from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from April 26-27.
Thursday, April 26
- 2:01 p.m. A caller reported there was a man sleeping in his car outside the entrance to the Children's Room at the Main Branch Library. The caller was concerned the man might need assistance. Police said the man dozed off while he was reading the newspaper.
- 3:11 p.m. Police and EMS responded to a call for a medical aid at Latitude Sports Club. A person passed out from being in the sauna too long and was transported to Lahey Clinic.
- 3:27 p.m. A caller on Orchard Terrace reported a past burglary to the home. Police said there was no forced entry, a screen was removed from the rear of the house.
- 3:30 p.m. Danvers police issued an alert for a white male who entered the North Shore Bank at 48 Elm St. in Danvers around 12:30 p.m. with a partially concealed video camera at his waist. The man taped the exits, security cameras and the general area, but fled outside and took off in a green Jeep Wrangler when he was approached. The man was about six feet and wearing a dark jacket, blue jeans, white sneakers and a dark baseball cap with a white insignia on the front with a yellow bill.
- 4:11 p.m. One person was transported to Salem Hospital after the motorcycle the person was riding collided with a pickup truck at the corner of Lynn and Brown streets. The bike was towed from the scene.
- 7:03 p.m. Police responded to a two-car accident on Lynnfield Street near CVS. No injuries were reported, but a juvenile was taken to the hospital.
- 10:32 p.m. An anonymous caller reported there were two males screaming at each other behind the Eastern Bank on Lynn Street for 20 minutes. Police spoke to the men, who were cousins, and said they were just having a discussion.
Friday, April 27
- 9:04 a.m. A caller on Surrey Lane reported the newspaper delivery woman appeared to be leaving something behind on the front lawn every morning.
- 9:06 a.m. Jhanna Ortiz, 20, of 27 Charter St. #201, Salem, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Peabody District Court after she walked into the station and turned herself in.
- 9:22 a.m. An employee at the post office on Essex Center Drive reported some ducklings were trapped in a storm drain. The Fire Department and the Animal Control Officer were notified. The ACO said the ducklings were freed by the time she arrived.
- 12:23 p.m. A caller on Sprague Street reported her neighbor allows his two dogs to "run loose and use her property as their toilet." She also complained he allows the dogs to bark excessively during the early morning and late evening hours. She said she tried to address the issue with her neighbor, but he refused to speak to her. The Animal Control Officer said the dogs were not licensed and had no vaccinations records. A citation and notice of complaint was mailed to the man.
- 1:54 p.m. A driver was cited for failure to stop for a school bus on Route 114 near Domino's Pizza.
For questions about this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.