Drunk Woman Shops Inside Container Store While Husband Waits in Car
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 22-23.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- 2:03 p.m. A caller on Ralph Road reported she was concerned because she had not seen her neighbor in about a month. Officers checked the inside of the house and said no one was home.
- 3:48 p.m. A female caller on Mulberry Drive said she wanted to report a stolen motor vehicle. She said the vehicle was on the property. A dispatcher said it sounded like there was a scuffle in the background and then the phone went silent. The woman then called back to say her 18-year-old grandson was trying to take the car and was out of control. An officer responded to the scene and said there was a verbal dispute between the teen and two other women over him wanting to drive the family car. He also didn't have a license.
- 4:28 p.m. An employee at the Container Store reported there was an intoxicated female customer inside the store. An officer said the female was there with her husband, who was waiting for her in their car.
- 5:47 p.m. A caller at a Lowell Street apartment reported a burglary. There were no signs of forced entry and the resident was compiling a list of missing items. She did say jewelry was taken.
- 6:10 p.m. Mall security reported two males were caught on surveillance video stealing approximately $1,000 worth of sunglasses from the Sunglass Hut store.
- 8 p.m. Peter J. Dolan, 30, of 6 Paradise Rd., Ipswich, was arrested, following a report of a disturbance at the Walgreens on Main Street. He was charged with possession of a Class A drug, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- 8:41 p.m. An officer reported he was assisting an injured turkey in the roadway at the corner of Dooling Circle and Lynnfield Street. The Animal Control Officer was asked to respond as well, but the bird was able to leave the road on its own.
- 10:20 p.m. A 40-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for domestic assault at her residence at Quarry Terrace.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
- 1:15 a.m. Security at the Tanner Apartments on Warren Street reported a resident was refusing their request to turn down his TV. The resident finally complied after an officer arrived to intervene.
- 9:14 a.m. A caller at a Washington Street apartment reported her neighbor was being loud. An officer said the issue was an ongoing tenant dispute over "walking and music," although it appeared to be resolved for the time being.
- 10:05 a.m. An officer reported checking on a "No parking" sign and a chain across the area near PK Motors on Washington Street. The officer removed the chain and sign and placed it back onto the property.
- 10:41 a.m. A male was transported to Salem Hospital after falling off his bicycle on Caller Street.
- 11:20 a.m. Daniel Dacosta, 34, of 47 Tracey St. #R, Peabody, was arrested on Tracey Street and charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and idling his engine for more than 5 minutes.
- 1:30 p.m. An officer conducting parking enforcement at the Northshore Mall reported writing eight tickets for cars parked in handicap spaces.
- 1:56 p.m. A caller at the Highlands at Dearborn reported some items were stolen from his apartment.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.