Drug Violation Investigated at Middle School
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 24-25.
Thursday, Jan. 24
- 2:06 p.m. The Fire Department responded to a report of a porch fire at the Pioneer House on Washington Street. Crews extinguished what turned out to be a brush fire underneath the porch. See related story.
- 2:13 p.m. A caller reported a burglary at a Main Street apartment. The resident said his 50-inch TV was stolen.
- 3:02 p.m. A person walked into the station to report purchasing a stolen cell phone. An officer attempted to follow-up with the suspect, but that person was not home.
- 3:19 p.m. Lesidero Fuentes, 36, of 114 Robinson St. #3, Lynn, was arrested for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and no valid inspection sticker, following a motor vehicle stop on County Street.
- 6:31 p.m. A caller at the intersection of Main and Washington streets reported that a blue Honda was being driven erratically. The caller said the car swerved onto the wrong side of the road mutliple times and was first observed in the area of Marrs Park. An officer said the driver was tired and decided to go to a relative's house in Middleton to get some rest.
- 7:03 p.m. A caller at the Gardner Apartments on Pulaski Street reported her son was struck by a car while he was walking home from school. An officer spoke to the woman and said the incident actually occurred the day before while the boy was walking home on King Street. He was not in the crosswalk. He said a red Toyota bumped into him, leaving him with a bruised knee.
Friday, Jan. 25
- 12:18 a.m. A caller reported people were pushing shopping carts down the middle of the road on Washington Street. An officer told the group to stay on the sidewalk.
- 10:59 a.m. Police responded to a report of a past burglary at a Harrison Avenue home. Two table saws were stolen.
- 11:12 a.m. The school resource officer at Higgins Middle School reported he was investigating a drug violation.
- 11:47 a.m. Arnoldo Chavez, 32, of 24 Surfside Rd. #5, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Central Street. He was charged with driving on a license revoked for being a habitual traffic offender and failure to display the vehicle owner's name.
- 1:54 p.m. Staff at the New York & Company store in the mall reported a past shoplifting. Twelve pairs of Jeans worth $600 were taken. The suspects were described as two Hispanic females, both in their 30s and wearing North Face clothing. There was also a male, in his 30s and wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and a hat. Police said the trio might also be involved in an attempted shoplifting at The Gap.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.