Driver Learns Hard Way Blue Lights Only for Emergency Vehicles
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
he following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Nov. 7-8.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- 3:48 p.m. Paul E. Bourgeois III, 23, of 41 Rockway Rd., Peabody, was arrested at his home for domestic assault and battery. A 20-year-old Lynn female was also issued a court summons on the same charge. Police said they would be filing child endangerment charges.
- 5:07 p.m. A Peabody man reported someone was using his credit card information out in California.
- 5:36 p.m. Police issued a citation to a driver for displaying blue lights, following a motor vehicle stop on Summit Street. Only emergency vehicles are allowed to be affixed with blue lights -- that law even holds true in the U.K.
- 7:01 p.m. An employee at Ulta reported a male, decribed as wearing a black jacket with blue hoodie and baggy pants, stole four fragrances from the store about 20 minutes before she called. Mall security were given a description of the suspect.
- 7:57 p.m. Store security at Macy's reported they detained a shoplifter and recovered $193 worth of merchandise.
- 8:30 p.m. Police received a report of a hit-and-run accident on Central Street. The suspect vehicle was descibed as a Honda Civic with New Hampshire plates and heavy front-end damage, heading westbound on Route 114. State police were notified.
- 11:30 p.m. Danvers police reported there were trucks doing donuts in the parking lot outside Burlington Coat Factory. Police spoke to those involved and sent them on their way.
Thursday, Nov. 8
- 12:14 a.m. Joao O. Babilon, 28, of 10 Winter St. #2, Peabody, was arrested his apartment, following a report of a past domestic incident. He was charged with three counts of domestic assault and battery, intimidating a witness and three counts of making threats (to kill).
- 2:09 a.m. A caller on Roosevelt Avenue reported a tree branch fell down on some wires. An officer said there was a large branch on the wires going to the house, but the lines were still intact. PMLP was notified.
- 5:40 a.m. All in a day's police work -- Lt. Scott Wlasuk, conducting a routine inspection of the police station during his watch, requested DPS to plow and sand the front and rear parking lots of the station. Wlasuk himself shoveled and salted the front and rear entrances to the station.
- 5:42 a.m. A caller on Aberdeen Avenue reported a past theft of an iPod.
- 11:13 a.m. A Gardner Street resident reported an online scam via Craigslist.
- 1:09 p.m. A resident at Aviv Homecare reported a larceny.
- 2 p.m. David Cloutman, 48, of 91 Main St., Saugus, was arrested at Foster Street Motors on a warrant out of Lowell District Court.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.