Domestic Ends With 1 Man in Hospital for Stab Wound, Other Man Arrested
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Sept. 21-22.
Friday, Sept. 21
- 2:46 p.m. A female caller reported she had an ongoing issue with another female whom she believed just tried to hit her with her car outside Higgins Middle School. The caller said the other female drove by her "aggressively" when she was trying to open her car door. An officer said he would contact the other woman.
- 3:17 p.m. Police received a report of a burglary at a Quail Road home. The victim said he saw a gray or purplish Lincoln town car in the area when he returned home. He followed the car toward Route 128 South. Police said the suspect may be a white male, thin build, in his 20s, and wearing a red and white jacket and a white baseball cap. An officer later reported that the driver of the suspect vehicle was a white female dressed all in black. A large container valued at $7,000, 10 sets of silver dollars and a jewelry box with miscellaneous jewelry were stolen. Police said several other jewelry boxes that contained real and costumer jewelry were also emptied.
- 4:31 p.m. A three-car accident was reported at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School. Two of the drivers were transported to area hospitals (Beverly and Salem) and a juvenile passenger was taken to North Shore Children's Hospital.
- 4:57 p.m. An accident was reported on Lynn Street involving a motorcycle and another vehicle. One person was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 6:21 p.m. Radaisy M. Mejia, 21, of 90 Park St. #12, Lynn, was arrested for larceny over $250 and shoplifting at the Sephora store in the mall.
- 7:17 p.m. A caller at the Chateau Royal Condominiums on Northshore Road reported her neighbor was smoking marijuana. An officer spoke to the woman, but she decided against taking action at that time and said she would speak to the board of trustees about it.
- 8:12 p.m. Heather N. Baron, 25, of 20 Sabino Farm Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Howley Street near Stop & Shop. She was charged with possession of a Class A drug, driving with a revoked license, distributing a Class B drug and child endangerment. Two Swampscott men, 25 and 24, were also issued court summonses for possession of a Class B drug.
- 9:16 p.m. Police received a report of youths pawning silver dollars at the Cash for Gold kiosk in the mall. Officers detained and questioned an 18-year-old Wilmington male who was in the process of pawning silver dollars and then confiscated the items, pending an investigation to determine if they were connected to the burglary on Quail Road earlier in the day. A check with Wilmington police revealed that the teen's name showed up 25 times in their records over the past three to five years and his associates had histories of breaking and entering, drugs and larcenies.
- 11:01 p.m. Police made a motor vehicle stop on Hardy Street and confiscated a Class B substance. Class B drugs include cocaine, oxycodone, methadone, LSD, Ecstasy, amphetamines and methamphetamine.
Saturday, Sept. 22
- 2:15 a.m. A caller reported a male wearing a blue sweatshirt and blue jeans was rummaging through a white car in the parking lot at 12 Crowninshield St. Tannery security guards reported seeing a male who matched that description leave the parking lot on a bicycle headed toward Central Street. Officers located the bicycle on Smidt Avenue, but the man wasn't there. Police were unable to find him and said the vehicle in question didn't appear to be disturbed.
- 11:18 a.m. Police said "an unruly caller" reported loud music was coming from a home on Sherman Street and disturbing him. Police spoke to the owner of the home who said someone from Hancock Street was upset with him about some type of petition and he believed that's why the police were really called. An officer said he didn't think the music was at an unreasonable pitch. The man said he was having a birthday party for his father and expected about 50 guests.
- 1:25 p.m. A caller reported smoke coming from the rear door of a building on Central Street that houses Regina's Laundromat and several apartments above it. The Fire Department responded to the scene and doused the fire in short order. See related story.
- 2:05 p.m. A caller reported a fight between two males on Pleasant Street. Police responded to the scene, but said it was just a verbal argument. Police returned to the scene after another call of a fight and said one of the combatants was taken to Salem Hospital with a stab wound. The other male was not at the scene. He was arrested, however, at 2:28 p.m. Matthew Guy, 23, of 5 Pleasant St. #2, Peabody, was charged with domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.