Danvers Male Found Passed Out in Supermarket Lot Charged With OUI Drugs
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 8-9.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- 2:53 p.m. A 20-year-old Danvers male was issued a court summons for driving under the influence of drugs, following a report of suspicious activity at Stop & Shop. A caller reported a male was passed out behind the wheel of his car, which was parked out in the store lot. The male was taken by ambulance to Salem Hospital and his car was towed.
- 3:50 p.m. A 22-year-old Wilmington woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at H&M at the mall.
- 5:22 p.m. Police, fire and EMTs responded to a report of a three- to four-car accident on the off ramp from Route 128 North onto Lowell Street. State police were also on scene. One person was evaluated by EMTs, but no one was taken to the hospital.
- 8:18 p.m. An officer on Mill Street reported spotting a man trying to steal gas. The man -- Glenn L. Gardiner, of 30 Evans Rd., Peabody -- was then arrested, however, on an active warrant on unrelated motor vehicle charges.
- 8:43 p.m. Report of a car hitting a deer at the corner of Lowell Street and Apple Hill Road. Police said the car was damaged, but the deer ran off into the woods.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
- 7:31 a.m. Joseph D. Fula, 26, of 3A Buffum St. Ext. #1, Salem, was arrested after turning himself in on two outstanding warrants from Peabody District Court and Newburyport District Court. The charges were for motor vehicle violations and failure to appear in court as a juror.
- 8:03 a.m. Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at a Bowditch Street home. A man said his wife broke his laptop computer and then hit him. Police said there were no injuries, however, and the two would reconcile over repairing the computer.
- 9:36 a.m. A caller on Bresnahan Street asked to speak with an officer about the doors at her home being unlocked. She suspected a neighbor was responsible.
- 12:02 p.m. Police received a report that two intoxicated people were walking around inside the Northshore Mall. Officers checked the mall, but couldn't find them.
- 1:40 p.m. Corinne J. Grover, 58, of 498 Essex St. #86, Lynn, was arrested for larceny over $250 at the Sunglass Hut in the mall. Mall security reported a female in a pink hooded sweatshirt and pushing a double stroller stole a $300 pair of sunglasses from the store.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.