Caller Reports Loud Music and Naked Dancing in Driveway
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Aug. 3-5.
Friday, Aug. 3
- 6:33 p.m. A caller at Temple Ner Tamid reported there were youths on skateboards that wouldn't leave the property. An officer said he saw a group in the woods near Centerfield, but he couldn't catch up to them. He continued to check the area.
- 8:55 p.m. A caller reported finding graffiti on the basketball court at the West School. Police said the letters "AFB" were spray-painted on the court.
- 9:30 p.m. Salem police reported an erratic driver traveling on Boston Street in Salem toward Main Street in Peabody. An alert to be on the lookout was issued to cruisers in the downtown area.
Saturday, Aug. 4
- 12:01 a.m. Herbie Henry, 48, of Peabody, was arrested on Central Street, following a report of a past assault. He was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and on a warrant. Police said Henry was homeless.
- 1:03 a.m. Casey Miller, 30, of 42 Rowe Dr., Fremont, N.H., was arrested, following a car crash at the corner of Wallis Ann Road and Sutton Street. Police said the vehicle crashed into a pole on Sutton Street and left the scene. Miller was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense), leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and a marked lanes violation. PMLP and Verizon responded to the scene to assess the damage.
- 2:23 a.m. A caller reported finding a tire in the roadway on Washington Street.
- 2:50 a.m. A caller reported a fight in the area of 14 Blackstone St. Officers responded to the area and chased a male wearing khaki shorts and a green shirt on foot through several yards in the neighborhood. Police said the male eventually escaped and there were no signs of a fight in the vicinity of Blackstone Street.
- 3:48 a.m. Jacob A. Freedman, 18, of 19 Lone Pine Ln., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Hamilton Road. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 5:19 a.m. A caller on Mansfield Street complained of loud music and people dancing naked in a neighbor's driveway. Police said the revelers were sent back inside the residence, and they weren't entirely naked -- they had underwear on.
- 5:33 a.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported someone slashed all four of his van's tires.
- 7:24 a.m. Two women were transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of Lowell and King streets. One driver was also issued a summons for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and failure to stop or yield.
- 8:13 a.m. A caller on King Street reported she found a bat in her bedroom. She said the bat was in the room while she slept. The Animal Control Officer said the bat would be euthanized and tested for rabies, but the woman called back to say the bat had up and flown away.
- 12:29 p.m. A 44-year-old Peabody man was transported to Salem Hospital after he had an allergic reaction to a bee sting.
- 4:05 p.m. A 45-year-old Lynn man was issued a summons for violating a restraining order after an Emerson Street resident reported her ex was calling her all day long in violation of the court order. A temporary warrant was issued for the man's arrest.
- 5:44 p.m. A caller reported a white Mercury was parked next to Connelly Park and there were people drinking alcohol. Police checked the area and said the open containers were just cans of Sprite. The individuals were sent on their way.
- 8:48 p.m. A caller on Veterans Memorial Drive reported hearing a single gunshot in the area. An officer said he spoke with some neighbors as well who heard the shot. They believed it was far off in the woods.
- 11:35 p.m. A female reported her iPhone was stolen from her while she was at a residence on Moulton Road. She did not know who took the phone.
Sunday, Aug. 5
- 1:14 a.m. An officer reported a fight started in front of the Courthouse Pub. The officer transported one man back to his residence -- he wasn't welcome at the pub and was trespassing.
- 3:16 a.m. A 30-year-old Peabody man who lives on Farnham Avenue was issued a summons for larceny over $250 by false pretenses (via check).
- 7:08 a.m. A caller reported a man was in the middle of Brown's Pond in a motorized boat, fishing. An officer spoke with the man -- a Lynn resident -- who said he had a fishing license and a permit from the city. He was informed that he can't be on the water before 8 a.m.
- 11:52 a.m. A caller on Davis Terrace reported he was scammed out of $4,000 by someone who was supposed to pave his driveway.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.