5 Things You Need to Know Today, Sept. 10
Here's what you need to know to get your week started.
Today is Monday, Sept. 10. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Today's weather: Mostly sunny with a high near 71 degrees.
- Tanners' football: The Salem Witches turned the tables on Peabody Tanners' football Friday night in Salem for a resounding win, 38-8, to open the season in the 120-year-old series between the two schools. It was the first time the Witches won by such a large margin in 45 years and their first win again in three years. Ryan Collins had the lone touchdown for Peabody, his first varsity points, and Jake Summit rushed in for the other two points. The Tanners play Danvers next this Friday in Danvers (7 p.m.).
- Silver Streaks: The folks from the Silver Streaks Skating Club say a new season of ice skating has begun now that the McVann-O'Keefe Rink is back open. The club is a US Figure Skating Program that offers classes to all ages and all levels. The Learn to Skate Program teaches both hockey and figure skating skills and is held on Sundays from 3:50-4:50 p.m. and Wednesdays from 4:10-5:05 p.m. You can contact Judi Sinclair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-777-4087 for more information or check out the club online on Facebook or its website.
- Today in sports: The Tanners' varsity field hockey club takes on Salem (3:45 p.m.).
- Library on winter schedule: The Main Library has resumed its winter schedule following the Labor Day weekend. That's Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday, 1-5 p.m.