5 Things You Need to Know Today, Oct. 3
Cheapest gas, free playgroup sessions, presidential debate and more to know.
Today is Wednesday, Oct. 3. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Today's weather: A chance of drizzle and isolated showers this morning, but otherwise cloudy and a high of 70 degrees.
- Cheapest gas: According to our handy dandy gas-tracking tool, the cheapest gallon of gasoline in Peabody is $3.80 for regular, which you can fill up on at the Hess station on Lowell Street or Gaeta's at 153 Newbury St. or 136 Newbury St. You can find this information as well as local traffic patterns on our Commute page.
- Free fun for kids: Are you looking for free and fun activities for the kids? Have you checked out the free playgroups each Wednesday with the Family Engagement Center at the Kiley School? Multiple sessions are held between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Check it out.
- Are you watching the presidential debate tonight? Consider joining us for a live chat before, during and after the debate to weigh in with your thoughts, and Patch will be joined by local Massachusetts party officials as well who will discuss the debate as it happens.
- Want more out of Peabody Patch? You can share your news with the rest of the community --click here to add an announcement, add your events to our events calendar, click here to sign up for breaking news updates, follow us on Facebook or Twitter for up-to-the-minute news, and share your thoughts on your community in a blog -- click here to get started.