5 Things You Need to Know Today, Oct. 25
Debate, memorial garden, open house, Boulderwood and more to know today.
Today is Thursday, Oct. 25. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- On the Record: Congressman John Tierney and Republican challenger Richard Tisei are scheduled to go appear on WCVB's "On the Record" this morning (10 a.m.) for about an hour long debate. The forum will be moderated by NewsCenter 5's Ed Harding and Janet Wu.
- Dedication of Barbuto Memorial Garden: School and city officials will dedicate a garden in memory of Christine Barbuto today at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School. The ceremony is at 2:30 p.m. with a reception to follow in the Melting Pot. Barbuto died aboard American Airlines Flight 11, which crashed into the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, 2001. She graduated from PVMHS in 1986. The garden project has been underway for several months and will be located in a courtyard adjacent to the school auditorium.
- Open house: The Peabody Cultural Collaborative is holding an open house tonight from 5-7 p.m. at the ArcWorks Community Art Center.
- Boulderwood: Ward 1 Councilor Barry Osborne and Mayor Ted Bettencourt are holding a neighborhood meeting at City Hall tonight at 6:30 p.m. for residents who live near the Boulderwood development. Property owner and developer David Solimine will be there as well to answer residents' questions. Osborne said the meeting is just an opportunity to ask questions and update everyone on the progress of the project.
- City Council: The Peabody City Council Finance Committee meets at 7:15 p.m. and the the full council meets in regular session at 7:30 p.m. in Wiggin Auditorium at City Hall.