5 Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 9
Veterans Day is Sunday and the holiday fairs have begun.
Today is Friday, Nov. 9. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- U.S. Army Capt. Steve Patten will be the guest speaker this morning (9:15 a.m.) in a student assembly at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School for Veterans Day, which is Sunday. Patten is a Peabody native and graduate of PVMHS.
- And speaking of Sunday, Mayor Ted Bettencourt will be holding a special breakfast for Peabody's veterans, particularly to honor World War II veterans, that morning prior to the city's annual ceremonies.
- The Peabody Area Chamber of Commerce and the owners of RAVE Imports will be cutting the ribbon today (11 a.m.) on the new automotive shop's location in Peabody. RAVE just recently moved from Lynn to Peabody and will set up shop at 163 Washington St.
- Before tonight's football game with Lynn Classical, there will be a special acknowledgement of the high school's new scoreboard, which was donated by McCarthy School parent Nancy Krouse. The ceremony starts at 6:30 p.m.
- St. John the Baptist Parish is holding its Christmas Fair this weekend. There will be food and unique gifts for sale, Christmas shopping ideas, holiday decorations and more.