5 Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 30
Here's what you need to get your weekend started in Peabody.
Today is Friday, Nov. 30. Here are five things to know today in Peabody to get your weekend started.
- There's a holiday wreath sale Saturday to benefit the Class of 2014 at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School.
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church is holding a Christmas fair and silent auction on Saturday with all sorts goods to peruse.
- Santa is taking a breather to visit kids at the Northshore Mall Saturday morning and read some holiday stories. There will also be crafts and kids can decorate their own holiday cookies. Meanwhile on Sunday, Caring Santa is a special event designed for families that have children with special needs by providing a subdued environment in which to have their picture taken with Santa. And in addition to Santa's regular hours Sunday night, pets also have a chance to sit on Santa's lap for a photo Dec. 2 and 9, 8-9:30 p.m.
- Holiday Concerts: The annual holiday concerts featuring the Hillyer Festival Orchestra return to City Hall Saturday and Sunday.
- The Peabody Polar Express arrives at Lt. Ross Park on Sunday. The free neighborhood event starts at 11 a.m. There will be hay rides, Christmas caroling and more.
And one other thing, don't forget to Deck the House. Our annual contest is open for entries through Dec. 16. Your holiday house decorations could win Peabody schools $100,000. Here's how to enter here.