5 Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 27
Give blood today and check out the Rec Department's open house.
Today is Tuesday, Nov. 27. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Blood Drive: Second Congregational Church will be holding a community blood drive with the American Red Cross today from 2-7 p.m. You can make an appointment at www.redcrossblood.org.
- The Peabody Recreation Department is holding an open house at 50 Farm Ave. today from 4-7 p.m. Stop by to meet the staff and learn about programs the Recreation Department offers. There's 10 percent off registration of any winter program during the open house only, raffle prizes and children will be able to make a gingerbread house. And Brooksby Farm will be providing free cider and cider donuts.
- The Peabody City Council convenes tonight, as opposed to Thursday night, for its regular meeting. First is a Legal Affairs Committee meeting at 6:45 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall.
- The Peabody School Committee meets tonight for its regular session at 7:30 p.m. at the Kiley School.
- College financing night: A representative from the Massachusetts Educational Financial Authority (MEFA) will be at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School Wednesday night for a free informational seminar with parents to talk paying for college. Topics expected to be covered include information about scholarships, grants and loans, applying for financial aid, completing the FAFSA, options for paying the college bills and MEFA's free resources for families. The seminar begins at 6:30 p.m. in the school auditorium.