5 Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 23
Here's what you need to know to get your weekend started.
Today is Friday, Nov. 23 Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- You can shop small and local Nov. 23-25 at the Christmas Porch Holiday Boutique at 157 Lowell St. from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Peruse the collection of handcrafted items from natural beauty wreaths, American Girl doll clothes and accessories, chocolate everything, Cookie Lee jewelry, designer bottles, primitive art, wood, Mary Kay and Avon. A portion of the proceeds goes to a scholarship at New Beginnings Day School.
- Time for a reunion: The Peabody Veterans Memorial High School Class of 1992 will hold its 20th Reunion tonight from 7-11 p.m. at Supino’s on Route 1 South in Danvers. Tickets are $30 per person in advance; $35 per person at the door. Tickets may be purchased in advance either through PayPal (merchant: firstname.lastname@example.org) or by sending a check to Cindy Fanikos, 267 Asbury St., South Hamilton, MA 01982.
- In addition to Black Friday, the Northshore Mall is also open extra hours Saturday (8 a.m. - 10 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m. - 7 p.m.).
- "From the Hustle to the Bustle": The opening exhibition of "From the Bustle to the Hustle: 150 Years of Women's History in Peabody" takes place at the Peabody Historical Society's Cassidy Museum, 33 Washington St., on Sunday. Explore the evolution of women's gender roles from the Victorian to the modern era and the part Peabody women played in this transformation. The Peabody Art Association's annual Holiday Art and Craft Show will also feature paintings, photographs, crafts and other gift items.
- Blood Drive Tuesday: Second Congregational Church will be holding a community blood drive with the American Red Cross on Tuesday from 2-7 p.m. You can make an appointment at www.redcrossblood.org.