5 Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 22
Today is Thursday, Nov. 22. Here are five things to know for Thanksgiving in Peabody.
- City Hall will be closed today and tomorrow for the holiday, along with the Peabody Public Schools, Peabody Institute Library and other public offices or institutions. The Torigian Family YMCA will also be closed, Bishop Fenwick High School and St. John the Baptist School.
- The annual pigskin throwdown between Peabody and Saugus is at 10 a.m. today at Coley Lee Field, meanwhile Bishop Fenwick travels to Reading to take on Austin Prep (10 a.m.). The Crusaders are 7-3 for the season.
- Haven from Hunger and Henry's Market of Beverly will be serving a free Thanksgiving Dinner today at noon at the pantry -- 71 Wallis St.
- Peabody firefighters will be at the Northshore Mall on Friday, not for Black Friday shopping per se, but to fill up the boot for the annual Muscular Dystrophy Association fundraiser. They'll be at the mall from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Peabody Recreation Department is holding an open house at Brooksby Farm on Nov. 27. from 4-7 p.m. Stop by to meet the staff and learn about programs the Recreation Department offers. There's 10 percent off registration of any winter program during the open house only, raffle prizes and children will be able to make a gingerbread house. And Brooksby Farm will be providing free cider and cider donuts.