5 Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 2
Playoffs, wear your lederhosen to Karl's, music and more this weekend.
Today is Friday, Nov. 2. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The postseason: Peabody High field hockey begins its playoff run today against Newton North (2 p.m.). Bishop Fenwick, meanwhile, moves on to Swampscott Saturday (2:30 p.m.) after defeating Tewksbury yesterday. As for soccer, the Tanners' boys play Saturday and girls play Sunday. Fenwick boys travel to Austin Prep today (2 p.m.) and the girls play Saturday.
- Grand opening at Karl's: The Gokey's are holding a grand opening for Karl's Sausage Kitchen on Friday at 2 p.m. with city officials. Then they follow that up with the first annual "Wear Your Dirndl or Liederhosen to Karl's" Day on Saturday.
- PVMHS choral concert: The Peabody Veterans Memorial High School Performing Arts Department presents another Vocal Music Patrons Concert featuring the Chorale, Mixed Chorus, and a capella group, Full House Saturday night. There will also be some special guests.
- A Harvest Art Festival: GreenPeabody is teaming up with the Peabody Public Schools and the Peabody Institute Library for an art festival at Brooksby Farm on Saturday. The Harvest Art Festival is a free event and is open to the public. “Drawn to Brooksby” will give all participating students the great opportunity to view the artwork they have prepared, along with the artwork of their peers. Join your community to view student artwork that will be displayed in the farm’s greenhouses and inside the farm store.
- The Peabody House is putting on its 13th Annual Holiday Bazaar Saturday from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (rain or shine). There will be homemade jams, jellies, relishes and baked goods, knitted items and more for sale. Click here for a list of items for sale.